Monday 3 August 2009

I turned the oven on for *these cookies*

Our house has been consistently over 90 degrees, which has made even the thought of turning on the oven simply ludicrous. But I needed something that was not ice cream, something homemade and sweet to combat the recent plague of crankiness of biblical proportions. Then I remembered reading this recipe on Jen's blog and I decided that it would be worth the sweat beads on the forehead just to have these around this week.

Oh, and I promise I didn't sweat in the cookies. I think. But they're chilling in the fridge at the moment, so if I did, oh WELL.

Coconut Cream Cheese Cookies
(from Tiff's sister-in-law Jen's blog Wuthering Iris at www.wutheringiris.blogspot.com)

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
12 Tbsp butter, cooled until room temp
5 oz. cream cheese softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups coconut toasted

Whisk dry ingredients together; set aside.With electric mixer, or by hand mix butter and cream cheese together with a mixer until smooth. Add sugars and beat until thoroughly combined.Beat in vanilla until combined.Add dry ingredients & beat at low speed just until combined. Stir in cooled coconut.Chill dough for at least 2 hours.When ready to bake cookies preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 12 minutes.

1 comment:

Jennifer Hanson @ Wuthering Iris said...

Don't these cookies just melt in your mouth! I am so glad you liked them.