Friday 13 August 2010

Fill In the Blank Friday


Birthday chocolate...how'd that end up upside down?


Lauren and I share August as a Birthday Month, which we agree, is the best birthday month out of the year!

1. Birthdays are: a celebration! Planning a birthday party, especially for family or friends, is so much fun. And gifts are enjoyable to give but very awkward to receive.

2. My favorite birthday memory was In high school, when my family drove up to see me for my birthday while I was at summer camp at Lake of the Woods. They brought me a beautiful little cake and I got a new sweater from American Eagle. I felt so loved.

3. A birthday tradition I (or my family) has is going to tea. We started the tradition when I was 14 or 15 and went every year until, sadly, the little tea room closed. We found another one, though, but it's just not as good. We still mourn the loss of that little tea room.

4. If I had to choose one birthday meal to eat for the rest of my birthdays hence forward, I would choose A proper high tea. But we're having BBQ ribs tonight at my parents house for my family birthday celebration, so my answer might change. To go from high tea to ribs is quite a switch though!

5. My birthday is on August 10th. See "birthday picnic" post for what we did!

6. If I could take a birthday trip I would go somewhere I haven't yet been...and somewhere not on our fall European itinerary...so I'll say Greece!

7. The best gift I've ever received for my birthday was a baby sister. She was born on August 1st but I pretty much count that as my 13th birthday gift. And she turned 13 this year!


1 comment:

carlotta cisternas said...

happy (late) birthday! i loved reading your answers...and how awesome that your family came to camp just for your birthday!