Friday 18 June 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday

My good friend John just finished his Masters, and he had a friend take this photo. Hilarious!

I haven't done FITBF for a while, it's time I get back into the groove. Lauren is fabulous over at The Little Things We Do!

1. The best thing about being in school was/is not having to worry about adult things! All that was on my mind was our weekly Friday night sleepover and the TGIF lineup. Oh, and if JTT was actually going to die from his tumor on Home Improvement. Noooo!

2. The worst thing about being in school was/is trying to fit in and figure out what kind of person I wanted to be.

3. My favorite subject in school was/is English and History, definitely. I still love to read and write, fortunately I've been able to making a living from it, although it's a pittance.

4. One subject I wish I could have mastered/would like to master is Math. My cousin's husband was making fun of me over the weekend because we still use our fingers for basic calculations. It's just not my thing.

5. I could never get tired of studying medieval history. So much richness to their culture, and we shortchange ourselves by thinking of it as the dark ages. It was just a very, very different time with different priorities and belief systems. I'll never get tired of it!

6. The most memorable teacher I had was Mr. Buck, my Senior English teacher. His teaching style made me want to become a teacher myself and major in Lit. Maybe I'll track him down and tell him one of these days.

7. If I could choose between going to school for the rest of my life or working for the rest of my life, I'd choose school. I don't feel like I know very much and there is so much to learn about so many different topics. I actually think I'm going to go back in January (shh!) when my husband starts his Masters. Just part-time, though. I already have a new idea about what I want to study.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I love it! John will be so honored! :)

Scout said...

I definitely agree with you on the part about school feeling free of responsibility. I miss those days!