Monday 14 September 2009

Some Notes from a Small Island




I can't believe this is still floating around in cyberspace...if feels like forever ago! It's my blog journal that I created while I was living in England with my Aunt and Uncle in 2004/5. It was the experience of a lifetime, and everything I wrote takes me back to that time and also chuckle a little bit at my silly self. I need to print all the pages off and get them bound so they last in case the internet goes the way of the Dodo. I'm a little curious about what happened to my updates at the end; we took the most amazing trip to Cornwall and I didn't write anything about it...I'm confused! I'll do some digging. Cornwall is the coolest place.


I also still get updates from Webshots on a monthly basis that tell me how many people look at my pictures, and even 5 years later, there are still about 90-100 views per week! It's crazy!

Disclaimer: Here's the problem with the name of this site, which I only realized way too late to change it. I'm a little irritated at myself still for this...The name of the web hosting site was 20 megs free, which "megs" is the amount of memory. Megs is also my nickname. And I was 20 at the time. So basically people unfamiliar with web hosting stuff might assume that I named my site 20 (age) Megs (me) Free (implying I was in a prison?) I feel bad for certain people who may have thought this was the case, and I have some specific faces in mind. Oh well *sigh*.

No comments: