Monday 5 January 2009

a midwinter's drive

Andy and I went to visit his grandparents in Hood River on Sunday. It was a gorgeous wintry drive; cold and desolate, but we were snug in our little Honda with coffee, and ipod, the heater, and our newest little gadgets: courtesy my parents (the gps) and Andy's parents (the camera). After attending church, we ate at the Riverside Grill overlooking the Columbia and then headed home to beat the 10 inches of snow Hood River was expecting that evening. But NOT before we looked through Grandma & Grandpa's records and books! I have 6 new George MacDonald books to read, yay! Between that and the Gilmore Girls, I think I need to quit school.


Do you see the blurry white rectangle on the left side of the picture, amidst the trees? Apparently there was a landslide years ago that completely took the house out. There have been landslides in Portland lately that have destroyed a couple of houses. Scary!

No comments: